The school enrolls approximately 530 students from Kindergarten through Grade 12 from the international community in the Tokyo area. Boys are only accepted into our Kindergarten program (ages 3-5). We are an all girls school from Grades 1 through 12. Admission of students will be for those who will benefit from the education in English offered at the International School of the Sacred Heart, those whose parents (and the students involved when age makes it possible) believe in the philosophy of the school.
The essence of our education is the development of the whole person: intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. In the case of Kindergarten and Junior School, at least one of the parents must be able to speak and read English.
Please contact the Admissions Office to confirm eligibility before submitting the application.
- Kindergarten 3 : 3 years old by September 1
- Kindergarten 4 : 4 years old by September 1
- Kindergarten 5: 5 years old by September 1
- Grade 1: 6 years old by September 1
- Grade 2: 7 years old by September 1
- Grade 3: 8 years old by September 1
- Grade 4: 9 years old by September 1
- Grade 5: 10 years old by September 1
- Grade 6: 11 years old by September 1
- Grade 7: 12 years old by September 1
- Grade 8: 13 years old by September 1
- Grade 9: 14 years old by September 1
- Grade 10 to 12: Depend on the credits earned
- Students knowing no English will be accepted on a case-by-case decision, depending on the space-availability.
- ESL students can be accepted with no knowledge of English up to Grade 10, provided they have a strong academic background.
- At least one of the parents should be able to speak and read English.
Students with Special Needs:
- All students accepted to ISSH are expected to function in the regular classroom.
- It is important to note that the ongoing enrollment at ISSH for students with special needs, will be based upon the students' ability to function within the regular program and special services the school currently offers at each grade level.
- The International School of the Sacred Heart does not have the facilities or resources to accommodate children who have significant learning, emotional or physical disabilities. Parents of a child receiving any special services, such as learning disabled instruction, remedial support, speech/language therapy, occupational/physical therapy, or seeing any educational specialist outside of the regular classroom, must contact the school prior to the beginning of the admissions process.
- Before the application is processed, supporting documentation must be received to include copies of the most recent educational/psychological assessment and the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) from the applicant's current school.