SOCIAL AWARENESS AT SACRED HEART
Sacred Heart generously supports many charitable organizations in line with its goal to educate to a “Social Awareness which Impels to Action”.
The school educates to a critical consciousness that leads its total community to analyze and reflect on the values of society and to act for justice.
- The school offers all its members opportunities for direct service and advocacy and instills a life-long commitment to service.
- The school is linked in a reciprocal manner with ministries among people who are poor, marginalized and suffering from injustice.
- In our multicultural world, the school prepares and inspires students to be active, informed, and responsible citizens locally, nationally, and globally.
- The school teaches respect for creation and prepares students to be stewards of the earth's resources.
2015-2016 Donation to Charities
Please find following the monetary distribution of your generous donations of time and money throughout the 2015-2016 school year:
|MS||Agape Rehabilitation Center, Japan Church World Service Inc., Japan||¥45,000|
|MS||Our Lady of the Snows, (Yuki no Seibo en) Hokkaido, Japan||¥48,000|
|MS||St. Theresa High School, Convent of the Sacred Heart, India||¥45,000|
|MS||Ember Kenya Grandparents Empowerment Project, Kenya||¥45,000|
||Water Project - GIN Club
||ARK Bark, Animal Refuge Kansai
|MS||Shine On Kids||¥110,000|
|MS||Sayuri Kindergarten, Fukushima||¥53,377|
|HS||Sacred Heart School in Uganda - AIDS||¥65,447|
|HS||Room To Read||¥45,536|
|All||Nepal SEEDS - Annual Support||¥544,857|
|All||Nepal SEEDS - Solar Light||¥490,145|
|All||Table for Two||¥46,340|
|All||Kanto Plain Flood Relief - Joso Flood||¥106,200|
|All||Kanto Plain Flood Relief - Class or 2015||¥57,475|
|All||Taiwan Earthquake Relief||¥54,598|
|All||Kumamoto Earthquake Relief||¥120,791|
|All||Susan B. For The Cure Breast Cancer Research||¥84,547|
Procedure for choosing charities for donations:
If a member of the ISSH community becomes aware of a deserving cause which they feel is worthy of our support, the following procedure must be followed:
- Research the charity. Consider the percentage of donations that is spent on the administration of the charity and how much money goes to the intended beneficiaries.
- Write a proposal motivating why this cause should be considered, including all relevant information, such as the percentage that reaches the needy.
- Submit a proposal to the Administration before making a commitment to the organization.
All funds raised for charitable organizations must be paid to the MS/HS assistant who keeps a record of all donations made.