Extended Day Program
The International School of the Sacred Heart warmly welcomes you to the Extended Day Program (EDP), offered to Kindergarten and Junior School students starting August 25 2015.
The Extended Day Program (EDP) is offered to all Kindergarten and Junior School students from Monday through Friday from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. and is based in the Kindergarten area.
During the EDP hours, children participate in after-school free play, arts and crafts, music and movement, dramatic play, and story time, all in an English-speaking environment, led by a team of qualified child care givers.
Children develop skills in a less-structured environment through games, the arts, and team building activities. The program offers a balance of activities and lessons designed to stimulate the child’s mind and body.
Students in Grades 2, 3 and 4 can take advantage of a homework session to prepare for the following school day. Please note, however, that this is not an academic program.
Students who are signed up for After-School Activities can also join in the Extended Day Program after their activities are over.
Kindergarten students are accompanied to their respective After School Activities as necessary.
Arts & crafts:
Children will explore their creative sides with sketching, colouring, painting and colour prints using recycled materials, amongst others.
Music and movement:
Music and “body movement” to develop listening skills, carried out by qualified music teachers.
Play time with sports material (depending on the weather), stretching and simple Yoga exercises, and indoor play : Lego, board games such as checkers, chess, Ludo etc.
Led by the teacher, and quiet reading time for those who can read.
Free play, snack time:
This will be a regular activity in the mixed age group environment for the children to enjoy themselves.
Homework Completion time:
Some older children may have incomplete work or homework which they can finish during this time.
This will be a relaxing activity where the children will sit and watch movie together.
- Fees should be paid in advance either by cash to our Business Office or by bank transfer to our special account.
- The bank details will be emailed to you once you register your child in the EDP program.
- After receiving your invoice from the Director of the program, please make your payment.
Registration & Booking
- Parents must register their children once each school year, through our online Registration Form.
- Your child’s EDP schedule must be booked and confirmed by us one month in advance. Fees for each month must be paid in advance as indicated above.
- We accommodate additional ad-hoc bookings as well, as long as you inform us at least 2 days in advance by email.
- The EDP has a no-cancellation policy, which means that once you have received an invoice for the coming month, we are unable to cancel any lesson hours, and are unable to make any refunds. However, it is possible to switch hours and dates within each month, in order to use up hours already booked, if necessary.
- Hourly fee: 1,300 JPY