High School Credit Requirements
The High School Diploma is granted to students who have earned a minimum of 22 credits and have successfully fulfilled all of the requirements.
Minimum Graduation Requirements:
|English||4 credits||1 credit per year|
|Mathematics||3 credits||1 credit per year|
|Language||3 credits||1 credit per year|
|Science||2 credits||1.5 credits per year|
|Social Studies||2 credits||1 credit per year|
|Elective Subjects||3 credits||Grades 11 and 12 only|
|Values||1 credit||1/2 credit per year|
|Art||1 credit||1/2 credit per year|
|Physical Education||1 credit||1/2 credit per year|
|Options||1 credit||1/2 credit per year|
|Theory of Knowledge||1/2 credit||Grade 12 only|
|Personal Education||1/2 credit||1 credit per year|
- A credit is generally awarded for passing a full year academic course meeting four or more times per week.
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics each earn 0.5 credit per year in Grade 9 and in Grade 10.
- Art earns 1 credit for combined Grades 9 and 10. An Art subject earns 1 credit for Grade 11 and 1 credit for Grade 12.
- Physical Education earns 1 credit for combined Grades 9 and 10.
- Extra ½ credit make-up courses are authorized on a case-by-case basis by the Principal.
- Credits are not given for courses in which a student has received a final grade of “F” for fail or “U” for unsatisfactory.
- A student must receive at least a "satisfactory" grade for the year in Values, Options and other non-academic courses in classes 9 - 12 in order to gain the credit. Those with bona fide medical excuses will not need to meet this requirement in physical education.