Home Economics Class and Food Technology Class Recipes
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
100 ml low-fat milk
2 ice cubes
- Peel the bananas and cut into chunks.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Serve immediately.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1 large sweet potato
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut the potatoes into thin sticks or slices.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes, oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
2 slices whole grain bread
- In a bowl, mash avocado and lemon juice with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mashed avocado mixture on toast and top with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Finally, garnish with basil.
Granola with Yogurt
- Layer granola and yogurt one by one until cup is full.
- Top with mixed berries and banana.
- Honey can be added according to taste.
Vegetables with Miso Mayonnaise
2 tsp miso
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 tsp sesame oil
Cucumber, carrot, celery
- Mix together miso, mayo, and sesame oil well.
Cut vegetables into sticks of equal width and length.
Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins
Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
1/2 cup bread flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup yogurt
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup milk
A few drops vanilla essence
1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a medium bowl, sift together the bread flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Separate 1 tsp of the mixture to toss with blueberries later. Combine the oats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, milk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Using rubber spatula, stir until just blended.
- Start preheating the oven to 180°C.
- Sprinkle the saved flour mixture over the blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the muffins are slightly golden brown. Test the doneness by pressing on the top of the muffin (if it springs back, it’s done) or toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 2 to 3 days.