SOCIAL AWARENESS AT SACRED HEART
Sacred Heart generously supports many charitable organizations in line with its goal to educate to a “Social Awareness which Impels to Action”.
The school educates to a critical consciousness that leads its total community to analyze and reflect on the values of society and to act for justice.
- The school offers all its members opportunities for direct service and advocacy and instills a life-long commitment to service.
- The school is linked in a reciprocal manner with ministries among people who are poor, marginalized and suffering from injustice.
- In our multicultural world, the school prepares and inspires students to be active, informed, and responsible citizens locally, nationally, and globally.
- The school teaches respect for creation and prepares students to be stewards of the earth's resources.
2018-2019 Donation to Charities
Please find following the monetary distribution of your generous donations of time and money throughout the 2018-2019 school year:
|Donor||Organization and Location||Amount|
|MS||St. Theresa High School, Convent of the Sacred Heart, India||¥50,000|
|MS||Ember Kenya Grandparents Empowerment Project, Kenya||¥50,000|
|MS/HS||Shine On Kids||¥53,590|
|MS/HS||Room To Read||¥45,705|
|HS||Books For All||¥29,068|
|HS||TASSEL, Inc for Cambodia||¥ 108,996|
|HS||Relay For Life||¥15,552|
|HS||California Fire Relief||¥ 22,080|
|All||Sayuri Kindergarten - Fukushima||¥ 115,227|
|All||SEEDS Nepal - Annual Support||¥ 729,254|
|All||Girls Club to Nepal Dignity Pad Project||¥ 34,510|
Procedure for choosing charities for donations:
If a member of the Sacred Heart community becomes aware of a deserving cause which they feel is worthy of our support, the following procedure must be followed:
- Research the charity. Consider the percentage of donations that is spent on the administration of the charity and how much money goes to the intended beneficiaries.
- Write a proposal motivating why this cause should be considered, including all relevant information, such as the percentage that reaches the needy.
- Submit a proposal to the Administration before making a commitment to the organization.
All funds raised for charitable organizations must be paid to the MS/HS assistant who keeps a record of all donations made.