Extended Day Program
The International School of the Sacred Heart warmly welcomes you to the Extended Day Program (EDP), offered to Kindergarten and Junior School students.
The EDP will be available from 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. on regular school days. Families may register for one, two or three hours.
The hourly fee is 1500 yen. Children must be picked up on time with a 10-minute grace period. If a child is picked up 11 minutes or more after the registered child care finishes (i.e. at 4:11 p.m. or later, 5:11 p.m. or later, or 6:11 p.m. or later) an additional hour will be charged.
Children will enjoy the following tentative schedule this year in the EDP:
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. snack time, free play (possible story time and singing)
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. outside play time in the Kindergarten playground (or in the Library, Open Area or Duchesne Room in case of rain or cold weather)
- 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. arts & crafts and/or homework time
EDP emails will only be answered between 2:30 - 6:30 p.m. If you have an urgent request and/or need an immediate response, please email Ms. Inji in the K/JS Office at email@example.com or Ms. Ellen Yaegashi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extended Day Program SY 2019-2020
In order to offer the same quality child care in our Extended Day Program as in previous years without increasing the hourly rate, we are moving to a prepaid system this year.
Tickets can be purchased by bank transfer as a single ticket, or in blocks of however many are necessary. There will be no refunds, but the tickets can roll over to the following year.
- Please indicate your child’s name and EDP # on your bank transfer.
- Please bring your receipt to the EDP Director to receive your first (and subsequent) ticket card(s) on the first day that you use the EDP.
- Purchased tickets will be marked off on your ticket card with the EDP stamp and the date.
- Used tickets will be marked off with the date and initialed by the parent/guardian/caregiver who picks up your child.
- If you pick up your child from another activity (not from the EDP Room), but you have used the EDP services on this day, be sure to stop by the EDP Room before or after you pick up your child to mark off the day’s used ticket.
- EDP from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Irish Dancing from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Pick Up)
There is no fee for registering your child for the EDP. If you think you might need to use the EDP at any point in the school year, please register now.